Meditation Music For Mood
- Visualization: Hold a serene image in your mind. Focus on something that makes you feel calm like the way the sea crashes up against the seashore during a sunset.
- Mindfulness: Empty your mind and simply be aware of the present moment.
- Breathing Regulation: Take deep breaths. Inhale slowly through your nose for four counts. Exhale slowly through the mouth for six counts. Making your exhale longer than you inhale causes your body to enter into rest and digest, which is the opposite of flight or fight. Be aware of your breath. Once you have stilled your mind and achieved awareness of the present moment, then simply focus on being aware of your breathing, and only focus on that!
- Thought selection: Think of something you are grateful for. Inhale that. Choose to believe that you will have more of whatever you are grateful for. Think of something that makes you angry and/or something you are afraid of. Exhale all of that.
- Receiving: Rest your palms face up in your lap or on your knees (this is a position of surrender), and inhaling, tell G0d what you are thankful for. Ask God to receive more of what you are thankful for.
- Return to Meditation: Return to meditation and focus on that peaceful image. Become increasingly aware of God’s presence all around you. Continue to inhale and exhale.